Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Monet's Water Lilies


Monet's Water Lilies
Originally uploaded by Miss-E.
Wednesday 8 June 2005

(note the look of concentration, wonder and deep intelligence ...)

Here I am, actually in front of the real life MONET'S WATER LILIES (and yes Dad, the museum did allow flash photography inside, we didn't really like to tho, so this was the only one we took). I just had to do this for you too Vanessa, it's your email account's namesake!
This is just one of the paintings on permanent display in the massive huge GIGANTIC expanse of the gallery. We spent hours trailing through the work of Picasso, Braque, Miro, Gaugin, Monet, Degas etc etc etc. It caught me by surprise, the feeling when I realised that although I had 'seen' some of these pictures hundreds of times, these were the real ones. And I was up close (but did not touch!) the work that these artists that I admire so much had touched.
I know many of you would have already experienced this, or not think its a big deal. But its the first time I have, and I'm sure, the first of many. I feel very very lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home