Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sunday brunch


Sunday brunch
Originally uploaded by Miss-E.
Sunday 5 June 2005

Doc Watson's (pub-y type thing) on Upper East Side of NY, where we had brunch. It was here I was introduced (rather rudely I thought) to the concept of 'free coffee refills' (HALLELUYAH!!) I had put my empty sugar packs in the empty coffee mug, then asked for another coffee. The 'waitress' brought the jug of coffee over sans new mug. She then made me take the sugar packs out of my old mug and refilled it! (in case this isn't translating properly, I don't mind the free refills in the same mug, but as I am obviously a stoopid tourist, can't I get a new one and promise to never ever do it again!?!)
I have now learnt to keep my mug free of all non directly coffee related residue until I am SURE that my coffee drinking in that one place (and mug) is over.
ALSO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to go some where and just ask for a 'regular coffee'! (this is coffee with two sugars and milk!) The Americans have got one thing right ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

['regular coffee'! (this is coffee with two sugars and milk!) The Americans have got one thing right ...]

Actually that is not the only thing americans have gotten right.

Other things Americans have gotten right, that might be listed before the 'regular coffee':

-Saving Europe in World War II
-Curing Polio
-The Light-bulb
-The Television
-Flying
-The Assembly Line
-Rock 'n Roll
-The Simpsons
-The Telephone
-The iPod

I am glad you took so much from your first visit to the United States.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home