Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ballet


Ballet
Originally uploaded by Miss-E.
Tuesday 7 June 2005 (not sure if I'm getting my dates confused ...)

Mani-pedi-ballet

Today (Tuesday, work with me folks), I had my first manicure and pedicure! After the last 6 months of my extra on-my-feet job and a week of tramping around the city, it was a welcome relief to have a foot spa and massage! I then also checked out the Nine West outlet store (that's shoes for you blokes) What more could a girl want? Well an evening in Manhatten at the American Ballet wouldn't go astray!
Aunty Elysse took Zandra and myself to see Raymonda, at the Metropolitan Opera House in Lincoln Centre. This area includes a number of opera and ballet theatres and the Julliard School, as seen in 'Centrestage' and 'Save the Last Dance'. Its a really new ballet (Raymonda) but in the classical style. The sets and costumes were dazzling and the dance amazing. I couldn't help thinking tho, its a good thing the lead character was very wealthy and beautiful, cos with a name like Raymonda, she could have been teased badly otherwise!
The Metropolitan Opera House is an amazing building, with luscious red velvet floors and walls and a thickly gold painted roof, circling staircases, amazing chandeliers and light fittings, art everywhere and a woman in the bathrooms who directs you to the empty stalls!
We ended the evening with a meal across the road at a restaurant, dining alfresco (I may have mentioned this is still quite a novelty in New York) at 11pm. Once again, its like living a movie or TV show ...
While this has already been an amazing experience, I'm finding myself feeling more and more fond of home and imagining how these experiences can still be translated to that setting ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home